A class to support you after birth.
Having a baby is a ceremonial rite. To orient yourself as a new mother you will need optimal resourcing. This class creates an interwoven fabric of care and healing to ensure long-term health long after your birth.
When you plan for your immediate postpartum, you will gain confidence in the creation of a supportive environment for you and your family.
Why should I plan?
According to the CDC, 1 in 5 women experience one or more symptoms of perinatal mood disorders, postpartum depression, uterine prolapse to name a few of these preventable symptoms. These alarming statistics are preventable through bodywork, rest, nutrient dense postpartum foods, and community support.
Women are misled to believe they can do it all, thinking they can call their breastfeeding counselor or see their doctor, gynecologist, midwife, or therapist when problems and OVERWHELM in the family start to arise to the new adaptation to LIFE. Although this may seem 'great', it does not provide long-term assurance of the family's health.
Unfortunately, many families realize soon after the birth how much help they actually needed. Postpartum is a recovery period for EVERYONE in the family, when stress takes over, it directly effects the mental health of everyone in the family and the result is: the mother begins to think something is wrong with her.
Stress is an indication of dysfunction. This is why we create a plan to organize a harmonious flow for your growing family so that you feel good.
When should I take the class?
Anytime during pregnancy. I recommend between 25-35 weeks gestation, as this gives you optimum time plan ahead and feel good before your baby arrives.
You will go home with:
- A customized postpartum plan for your family
- Applicable tools and information about postpartum healing for health and well being
- Incredible resources for your postpartum period
What can I expect?
- Physiological education of postpartum to prevent long and short term health issues (perinatal mood disorders, postpartum depression, divorce, hormonal, pelvic health...)
- Bodywork (specific to postpartum)
- Postpartum foods and herbs
- Radical Rest, why resting matters
- Warmth and it's cross-cultural importance in postpartum
- Restoring hormonal balance after birth
- How to direct partner and family participation during your postpartum
- Protect your health by learning to identify stress responses
- Learn how to tend to your needs by claiming your right to health
- Resourcing to the community
- Customized postpartum plan for your family
Who can I invite?
Your partner or a family member who will be supporting you after birth are welcome to attend this class with you.
Date and Time
April 29th & 30th, 10-14h
Link to sign up:
What are people are saying:
"If you feel drawn to this workshop, don't hesitate to do so and follow what your heart tells you because this class addressed all my questions, valuable themes, and the most important things in life." - Catherine
"Zoie has been a god-send to me and my family. Her heart is for others and it's obvious in her work and her life. I couldn't think of anyone I'd rather have as a postpartum guide and doula - I am now eight months postpartum and she continues to hold space for me and my motherhood in a a way I've not encountered before. " - Sophie
"I was looking for how to structure my postpartum time for my second pregnancy. I left the course feeling all of that and so much more. I feel very empowered over my body and learned a lot of new things that I didn't know that my body could do, or that my body goes through during pregnancy and after the birth even though I've gone through all that once! I feel so knowledgeable and empowered."- Alix
"Zoie is an incredibly informed doula, taking into account the natural cycles and rhythms of the feminine body, within the realistic structures of the world we live in. She cares deeply for the feminine experience and works to uplift, encourage, and enlighten women right where they are at." - Joelle